5 Awesome exercises for fitness
There are numerous exercises that help people meet their fitness goals. Here are a few of the best exercises for fitness that are useful and effective and don’t require expensive equipment as well.
Incorporating these exercises into your workout routine will help you achieve ultimate fitness as well as boost your self-confidence.
Exercises for fitness
Plank is a simple exercise but no so easy to perform as well. Planks can help improve core and abdomen solidity and robustness. It’s a good exercise to improve body balance.
Generally, it conditions your core. A strong core helps keep you secure from strain and bruise. When you have to build your abs, the first thing you need to do is to strengthen your core.
Plank involves a large group of muscles across your entire body. The plank makes your spine, abdominal muscles, rhomboids strong, which results in a strong and appealing posture.
It engages not only your abdominals but also your legs and shoulders. Usually, the plank targets many crucial muscle groups in the body, so incorporating plank into your exercise routine will strengthen your entire physique.
The muscles that are targeted in plank workout are:
- Transverse abdominal muscles
- Rectus abdominal
- Gluteal muscles
- Oblique muscles
A plank workout is the same as a push-up but you don’t have to move your body weight up and down in this exercise. Plank is an exercise that may become an arduous workout quickly.
People who want to tighten their tummy may get a lot of benefits from this exercise, as doing plank significantly reduces belly fat.
How to do a perfect plank
- Place your elbows and toes on the floor.
- Keep your elbows and legs flat.
- Engage your core and push your body upwards.
- Keep your back, neck and head straight.
- Exhale through the abdomen
- Hold your position for few minutes.
It’s an upper-body workout that develops upper-body vigor and strengthens your abs, triceps, chest, and shoulders. Doing push-ups provides a stretch to your back muscles.
As you lower yourself to the ground, your back muscles are stretched adequately. And when you push yourself to the initial position, your biceps receive a full stretch. Well-stretched muscles give your body a strong and enticing appearance.
Your chests muscles break down while doing push-ups. Muscles breakdown begins at the microscopic level. But when you relax and get a proper diet, the muscles begin to repair. This process continues and muscles start getting stronger and gradually the growth of the muscles begins to increase.
But keep in mind that your body needs 48 hours to relax after push-ups. Doing push-ups daily doesn’t provide you enough time to repair your muscles. It stops the growth of muscles or slows them down.
The right way of doing push-ups
- Place your hands a bit wider than your shoulders.
- Place hands flat on the ground and straighten your legs.
- Bring your chest down until it touches the floor.
- Pause for a moment and then push yourself back.
- Repeat the action.
A vigorous exercise in which the trainee lowers his hips from a standing position and then stands back is squat. Your upper and lower body needs several muscles to work together. If you want ideal buttocks and toned legs, the squat can be the best exercise.
Gluteus maximus, minimus, and medius are targeted in this workout. The Gluteus maximus is the largest muscle in the lower body. Squat tones your legs, thighs, and hips and gives good shape.
Squat also targets Transverse abdominal, Rectus abdominal, Gluteal muscles, and Oblique muscles.
How to squat rightly
- Stand with your feet a bit wider than hip-width apart.
- Move your weight onto your heels, push your hips out when lowering yourself calmly.
- Lower your hips until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Keep your shoulders and head straight.
- Exhale and get up slowly and then do the same again.
Squat not only helps burn calories but also invigorates the muscles of the lower body. It makes legs muscles powerful, also strengthens bones and ligaments that help prevent bruises and wounds.
It’s an exercise that works essentially your biceps and trains the muscles in your forearms and shoulders to some extent. Usually, it enhances the upper-body strength.
The barbell curl targets biceps brachii and brachialis, which are flexor muscles of the elbow. Performing barbell curls remarkably increases muscle size and strength.
A barbell curl workout is great for improving grip and arm strength. Weak and emaciated biceps can cause grip problems, put pressure on the biceps and sometimes can lead to muscle fractures.
Strong biceps can play a significant role in grip strength and damage avoidance while doing exercises like bench presses or pulling heavy objects.
How to do a barbell curl right
- Start having a shoulder-width grip on the barbell.
- Keep your chest up and support your core. Keep your elbows tucked to your side.
- Curl the bar up towards the shoulder.
- Press your bicep upwards.
- Move the bar on the way down keeping your biceps engaged.
- Straighten your arms and do this procedure again.
This is a simple exercise that is very common in the gyms, also very popular among the girls as well. This exercise is usually done to shape the chest and shoulders muscles. Dumbbell fly exercise strengthens your chest, shoulders, and triceps.
Additionally, it can help open up your chest muscles also called pectoral muscles. Breast openers may help lessen upper back pain and reduce upper body stiffness.
If you’ve just started doing this exercise, start with a light set of dumbbells. Try to increase the weight of dumbbells every other week as you enhance your power. You can lift two or three more pounds each week.
However, you may choose according to your current fitness levels and goals how much weight you’ll need to use for dumbbell fly, and you may require some testing to find the right one.
If possible, find a certified fitness coach who will guide you on how to perform this exercise rightly, as using the right form can assist you to get the most out of the process, and there is no risk of injury as well.
How to perform a dumbbell fly workout
- Lie on a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand. Start lifting them upwards at an equal weight.
- Keep elbows slightly bent, inhale.
- Make sure your palms and dumbbells are facing each other.
- Keep your back and head strictly pressed into the bench throughout the exercise.
- Lower the dumbbells and pick them up again immediately.
- Repeat the process, try 3 sets.
You may also like our article Weight Loss By Exercise 6 Best Effective